- Weather: partly cloudy, warm, humid
- Trailhead temp: 65 degrees
- Summit temp: 79 degrees
- Total distance: 7.8 miles
- Total time: 4 hrs, 50 mins
- Summits: Mount Moosilauke (4,802′), Mount Moosilauke South Summit (4,523′)
- Trail route: Gorge Brook to Carriage Road (AT) to Snapper
- Trail conditions: Dry and well maintained
- NH 4,000 Footers: 1 of 48
- NH 52 with a View: 1 of 52
- AMC New England 100 Highest: 1 of 100
Every journey has to begin somewhere, and my quest to climb all 48 of New Hampshire’s 4,000 foot peaks began on Mount Moosilauke. It was a beautiful day shared with my oldest son before he left for his freshman year of college. The views were spectacular from both the Moosilauke’s main peak as well as its South Summit. One down, 47 to go!
One thought on “Mount Moosilauke – 8/17/21”
Thanks so much for sharing. Beautiful pics! Great way to send off your boy to college. Miss you buddy!
LikeLiked by 1 person